Friday, May 17, 2013
How Do I Choose A Realtor To List My Home?
It's important to interview several Realtors before choosing one to list your home. For most people, their home is their largest asset and therefore take time for due diligence before making your decision. Ask them questions such as:
1. How will you market my property?
2. Do they personally invest any additional marketing funds outside of the MLS listing and broker efforts to market their listings and themselves?
3. Ask to see current and sold listings links within the MLS. Do these look professional? Are there adequate and enlightening comments written in the listing? Are there enough photos of the property? Realtors can post up to 25 photos of a home. Are the photos professional?
4. Have the agent provide a CMA - comparative market analysis to see what your home should be listed for and what to expect as a sale price. The CMA should mirror your home as closely as possible with comparable sales. Is this within reason to what you're looking to sell the home for? If the Realtor has to expand outside of your community for comparable sales (not enough in your community past 180 days), take into consideration the communities of comparison. Do these communities compare closely to yours?
5. Ask for recommendations. What are their recommendations like on Trulia and other websites?
This could be one of the most important decisions you make so think it through. If you have questions or would like additional information, please feel free to call or email me.
Realtor & Home Investor Specialist
La Rosa Realty, LLC
01.407.274.8476 / email@example.com
1420 Celebration Blvd. #200
Celebration, FL 34747