Thursday, May 30, 2013

I'm not a US citizen and looking to buy investment property in Orlando, what should I look for in a Realtor?

Good investment in real estate or property Stock Photos   When looking to select a Realtor in your search be sure he/she has seasoned experience with investment properties.  Many Realtor's specialize in specific communities and cater to buyers of primary residence homes.  I suggest working with someone who knows how to calculate a true ROI for long or short term investment properties and also knows how to calculate capitalization rates.  You'll also need to comply with IRS regulations and filings which are different for foreign nationals.  You're Realtor should have contacts to help you in every facet as you'll need to set up an ITIN for each person on the deed.  You're Realtor should also be able to recommend a reputable foreign tax specialist of investment property.  Many other reputable contacts will be necessary in your absence such as a property manager.  Some one who's worked within the field will have partnerships with these types of partners necessary for your success.  If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment